Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thank the Lord (Allah, Buddha, etc.)

Today I was being interviewed to be on a show called "I survived ..." well the lady asked me so many questions to quite a few I cried. I can't believe how talking about it (my accident) makes me tear up. It didn't at first but right now I'm crying and amazed at how blessed I am. The Lord (Buddah, Allah, etc) won't let me fail. He won't let me struggle too hard before he/she comes in and helps me out!

For instance, I was worried I would be struggling really bad this summer with finances. I need to re-take a course I failed my first semester at the U. Well, that cost me 1,300 dollars plus I had to pay for the book. Which was another 75 dollars. My grandpa came to the rescue on that one, he's my bank and luckily I don't have to pay back interest. Mind you I still have to pay all my bills; rent, electric, gas, internet/cable, food, gas for my car, insurance, phone, and my monthly prescriptions. I then get a letter from the IRS stating I owe them money I already paid. It went like this; Kasandra wrote a check, Kasandra sent in the check via the mail woman, Kasandra got a check back from the IRS, Kasandra got a letter stating you need to give us that money back! Okay, government figure it out! AND I have to pay interest on it. Aggravating!!! Then I get this huge medical bill. Okay, at this point I wanted to give up. Well, my boss called me and asked if I wanted 10 more hours. What do you think I said? You're right, I said of course! So now, I can breathe a little better.

I understand I took on all this responsibility, and I wasn't complaining or unloading in my blog . . . I'm just saying how blessed I am. They say the Lord (Allah, Buddha, etc.) won't give you more than you can handle. It's true. I told someone recently that I can understand why my family won't help me first off when I'm having financial difficulties. But if I'm working my hardest, and still can't make it I don't know why they can't help me. (Primarily speaking of my father) You know what the Lord (Allah, Buddha, etc.) did? He helped me out because he saw no one else was able/willing to. In ending all I can say is, Thank You, Jesus! (though I prefer to call him baby Jesus) F'real.

peace & love.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! You're very lighthearted and your effort to be positive always shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Acknowledge that hand in all things! I know in my own life, God loves me and knows me and creates things in my life to help me. Loving life with all its stressors because I can handle it. When I can't, he's got my back!

    ReplyDelete