Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Love. One Heart. Let's get together now and we can feel alright.



 ☮ &    




When 911 happened I had no idea what was going on. I just knew it was a very sad day and that it was as if the whole world had shattered, at least in America. Though, on the other side of the world it was a party. It was a great success, it was exactly what Bin Laden hoped and dreamed for a very long time. In Western society we want others to think, talk and be this Anglo-Saxon, patriarchal, Christian society. 


Who's to say America is right? Who's to say America is wrong? I've found things in my own country I hate. I literally hate that I'm a woman and I'll never be as good as a man. I hate that people have to try and assimilate to be in this melting pot when it's never going to happen. I hate how they promise an American Dream when the only way to get that is through money and you have to jump through a million holes just to barely get your Bachelor's Degree and you still have to pay back all the loans. When you're going to school to become a hard working citizen. (Being a social work major I shouldn't say the following . . . but I'm going to.) While people sit at home and get welfare and food stamps, I work a minimum wage job to pay; my rent, on my own; my insurance payment, on my own; my phone bill, on my own; my electricity, gas, renters insurance and food, on my own; not to mention paying 50.00 a week in gas for my vehicle. While these people sit at home and do nothing and get money they never have to pay back, ever. Now, I'm a liberal. I'm no where near conservative but I just think it's a joke anymore. I guess I'll just continue to pull myself up by my boot straps. 


On to what I initially started to blog about. So, we got Bin Laden. Now there is talk of putting the photos and video out or not putting the photos and video out. I listened to the head of the CIA in a interview on MSNBC and when you have multiple people with power, who have no reason to lie, except for maybe money, why wouldn't you believe them? Not only the president, not only the CIA, not only the S.E.A.L.'s but also other news reporters around the world and governments around the world ... I mean I guess I just have more trust in people than most. I believe all these reputable sources. He's dead . . . now let's get the rest of the Taliban and peace out. I know it's more difficult than that, but really let's move on.


peace & love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment