Friday, May 13, 2011

Never Give Up

Tonight my mother graduated. She went to school to become a dental assistant. She always thought she was stupid. She always thought she wasn't ever going to do any higher education. But she did it. You know all those commercials mid-day from ITT-Tech, Etc, when they say, "If I can do it, you can do it!"? Well, it's true with my mom. If she can do it anyone can do it. I'm not saying this because she's not good enough but because of everything and everyone being against her. It's as if people didn't want to see a person who screwed up her life multiple times, succeed. That's a strong woman. I cried. I actually cried for my mother because she was so proud of herself. That emotion I felt doesn't even have a word and proud is not even close.

A speaker spoke as they do at every graduation, and he said. Never give up about a million times in his speech. It stuck to me. He said you're going to hit brick walls. I already have so many times. Not only was he speaking to those college graduates but he was speaking to me whether he knew it or not. I have another year (four semesters) until I will graduate with my bachelors. Maybe longer if I go for my masters . . . I'm going to never give up. Like he also said, "whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." It's true, our brains are so powerful.

Even if life sucks I just have to put on a dress and twirl and it makes everything so much better. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment