Sunday, April 22, 2012

Steel Cut Oats & Boiled Eggs

Boiled Eggs:

I made a dozen beautiful boiled eggs. How you ask? I placed the eggs in a pot with who knows how much water, because that really doesn't matter! I waited for them to come to a boil, once the boiling action was in play, I turned off the water and let them sit with the lid on for 12 minutes (mind you these are medium, if they were large it would be: 17 minutes, and if they were x-large it would have been: 19 minutes). I then placed them in cold water for another 12 minutes. They are beautiful!
(http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/BoiledEggs.htm)

Steel Cut Oats:

I made 3 cups of steel cut oats meaning I have 12 servings of deliciousness! Wanna know how? Alright, I will tell you. I measured out 3 cups of steel cut oats, and it's a 4-1 ratio, so four cups of water per 1 cup of steel cut oats, which means 12 cups of water! Then 6 tbls. of butter, threw in some sprinkles of sea salt and some sprinkles of cinnamon (because cinnamon is delish). I then let it come to a boil before placing it on simmer, placing a lid on it, walking away and returning about 23 minutes later. It takes from 20-25 minutes. I am now eating some for dessert with Truvia on them! I am a pro, legitimately.
(http://www.cookusinterruptus.com/index.php?video_id=39)


Kari and I are moving in together in a little over a month. She will have to vouch for my amazing cooking skills then, so I have to sharpen them up. Plan to hear about further cooking adventures . . . maybe next time I'll take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment