Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hello lover,

Tonight as I sit here my mind goes to you. My thoughts are true, fluid and raw.

Here it is, my heart on my sleeve, for you . . .  seeing as how I cannot tell you to your face, I must tell you through my blog. I hope you read this one day, or at least get the chance to.

I've never told you how in love with you I am. I text you that night and asked if it would be weird to say I love you, the next day I did. It was real. It was powerful. It was love, the kind of love that you don't get second chances with. I told you about me, stuff that I haven't told many people in my life. Stuff that I've held too long in my heart. You broke me open. I was like a cork screw in a bottle of champagne. As you pulled I exploded; not only did you see all my beauty, but you saw my sadness and my secrets. You loved me more than I though I deserved. I finally loved myself. I'm forever indebted to you for this. You forced me to get to know myself. You forced me to face my weaknesses. You forced me to dance through the rain. Whenever I miss you I turn on this song called Hold Yuh by Gyptian. I remember the day I thought you were dancing and you said you were just "moving" - it made me giggle and made me fall more in love with you. Well, I "move" to this song whenever I miss you, my version of dancing. :)





Other things that made me fall more in love with you:
When you would say, "daaang".  I say it in my head all the time.
When you would laugh, and then get all serious.
Holding my hand, and feeling like you would always be there, even when you weren't.
Kissing my cheek - no man has ever done this, nor treated me the way you have.
Making my fears and/or sadness subside, making my happiness brighten.
Loving me, it was a different, very different kind of love.

You are the one. Without a doubt. No matter what I know we could make it. This kind of love doesn't just happen. This kind of love is special, eternity love. I need you in my life. Not the kind of need most people talk about. Not the kind of need that makes you have to give me something. The kind of love where just knowing you're out there somewhere in the world loving me is enough. Enough for me to be happy.

You are the best thing that's ever been mine.
My heart is so full. One minute I cry, the next minute I laugh.
Thank you for every memory. I remember feeling foolish for hugging you a long time every time before we parted ways (sometimes 2 or 3 times). I wish I would have held on, just a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment