Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life has started . . .


From marriage to moving to Ghana, my life is starting. Abraham came "home" this week. We saw each other briefly last night; which was bitter-sweet. I then saw him again this evening; which was even more bitter-sweet. He met my father, he met up with my mother again (this is the second time they have met), he then met my dad's side. All my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. We had dinner at Ruby River, which was great. He and my dad bonded a little and talked about military life. We then met up with my mom at her home where the dog Kingston bit Ab. He took it like a man, awe, my strong soldier. We then went and celebrated my uncles 17th birthday. We enjoyed some cake and ice cream and hung out for a few minutes before coming back home. Here we discussed so many things, my brain has so much to think about. But, I finally feel as though my life is starting. A few things I learned and/or discovered this evening:

 The word deploy makes my stomach ache.
 His hugs and kisses mean more to me than I ever though was possible.
 Ab will be the greatest: husband, father, and best-friend.
 Trust/Honesty/Communication are what is going to make our relationship flourish.
 Abraham has the most adorable laugh and smile in the whole world.
 Abraham is a leader and is going to go far in life, with me by his side.
 He is my soul-mate, my life-partner, and my forever-companion.

I'm a little love struck, and I'm proud to call Abraham my soldier. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment