Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Atonement

"Perfection may be his ultimate goal, but for now we can be content with progress in the right direction. Why is this perspective so easy to see in the context of learning piano but so hard to see in the context of learning heaven?"- Brad Wilcox


I now see Jesus Christ as a person - as my friend, my best friend. I don't have to be perfect, I just have to keep trying. Being like Christ is my goal, and so far my journey continues to help me with that. I first have to forgive myself, because the Lord always will. For the past few months I've taken a stand to do the Lord's will. As I continue to do this His love for me grows - He shows me by putting particular people in my life, I otherwise wouldn't think I deserve. I love Jesus Christ, and He loves me. I won't give up, I'll keep going. 

Two nights ago I learned about The Atonement. I'd heard of The Atonement, and have read about it before, but never understood what it was exactly. Monday night was the first time of finding out what it really was. Not just by understanding it through words, but by understanding it through feeling. Jesus Christ has felt all of my pain, sorrow, sadness, guilt, etc. I bare testimony that this is true. I'm so overcome with joy, when I speak of this love I feel from my Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ.

I feel as though I wasn't to know what The Atonement was, until I was ready. (It's been there, working in my life. I just never saw it, or felt it.) Just as the Lord wouldn't want us in his Temples if we didn't understand the meanings and symbolism behind a lot of the work done. He doesn't want to put too much on our plates in order to overwhelm ourselves while living our day to day lives. I was finally willing to learn, and I was willing to do the work I needed to do; with His promptings and His guidance I was given light. 

I've never felt more ready to dwell in his presence. I feel like if I was to die anytime now, I would be ready. I feel as though this isn't going to happen anytime soon, but the reason I know I'm ready is because of The Atonement. It makes me feel as though I am enough, and that I can make mistakes, and He will love me regardless. To know in my heart that he has already died for all the mistakes I've made, makes living seem easier. I want to be more like Him daily. I wish I would have learned about The Atonement, through feeling, sooner. But, we all have to find things out in and on our own timing. 

In ending know, "The grace of Christ is sufficient - sufficient to cover our debt, sufficient to transform us, and sufficient to help us as long as that transformation process takes." - Brad Wilcox

God is love, and God is life. :) 


1 comment: