Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why I'm Liberal/Democratic/Humanist




Liberal: Open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.
Democratic: Favoring or characterized by social equality; egalitarian.  
Humanism:  An outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. 

I believe in social equality including; a willingness to disregard traditional values, which negate the large importance of human-kind and human-rights. 


I am for the people truly, and on a much deeper level. I will not get into the "politics" by any means by stating who I am voting for; though most of you know. 

I agree with human-rights. This includes everyone under the spectrum! I think everyone deserves the same rights; we're all people, right? Just because of ability, sexual-orientation, gender, color, religion, etc., someone isn't allowed the same rights as others in this country. When it comes to color people say it's reverse discrimination. I disagree and see discrimination/racism constantly, and even more now that I've had an African boyfriend.

People are beautiful, and deserve the same rights a White, Hetero-sexual, Anglo-Saxon, Male deserves. 

Human-Rights: something far too many people don't understand, or in my opinion, and in my truth don't want to understand. Being set in your ways only gets you the same thing over and over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment