Sunday, May 6, 2012

Secrets . . .

. . . I don't have to keep secret any longer.

Alright, I  decided I will post all my intimate things in a blog. I have posted to FB, but I think times have changed for me and since I like to be super vulnerable, and talk about uber personal things FB wasn't the place.  So, here you will find most of my insane antics. If you really want juicy stuff you'll have to steal my journal  :) 

one.
I am proud of myself. Yes, I said it. It's hard for me to talk about myself, but I always put myself out there to be vulnerable. I feel like every time I open my mouth I stick my foot in it further and further. Even though I seem extremely outgoing, I feel far from it! 

a.
I have lost seven pounds this week. I have cut out soda, caffeine, and a lot of sugars. I have to do things in baby steps. So, this is my first baby step. Well, I think I'm doing great. I keep giving myself air-fives, because I'm so awesome! 
b.
Today was fast Sunday, I fasted last night until about 4:30 tonight. I have a huge testimony on how amazing fasting is! It has been hard in the past, but I truly believe with the Lord all things are possible.
c.
Today marks five months since I started paying tithing. Again, I have a huge testimony about how amazing tithing is as well. At first I thought to myself, "how am I supposed to give you 10% when I cannot even put 10% away for myself." Oh how I under-estimate myself! I've done great, and continue to not feel a void of the 10% I pay each pay check. It's awesome. 

p.s.
I passed multiple places this evening, all of which I could have stopped at to get something sweet. I feel as though my fasting today has proven I have control of my body, no one else. This is beautiful, and I'm blessed that I finally realized how much power I truly do have! 


No comments:

Post a Comment