Thursday, October 18, 2012

Air Force: My Story

I've been thinking about my desire to serve the Air Force, and the day that desire/goal/ambition died. 

Pros and Cons:
  • I may have been injured far worse than the way I was injured in 2007.
  • I maybe never never came home (I thought I was invincible when I was ready to sign those papers).
  • The trauma I have experienced may be as much as I could handle. 
  • I wouldn't have found social work, I would have only pursued being a War Vet Psychologist.
  • I wouldn't have found God the way I have.
  • I have a great relationship with my family, and am happy that I am here with them, especially certain ones that not only I need but that really need(ed) me. 


When others talk about their passion to serve in the military I get teary eyed. It was my biggest goal in life to become a Para-rescue in the Air Force. Not only did I want to be a para-rescue, but I wanted to drive the planes as well. I wanted to be a pilot. I don't think many people understood or knew this part of my love with the military, particularly the Air Force. 

The big man upstairs has something far greater in mind for my life. As I say more and more anymore. "Help me to do thine will, not my will. I am a servant before you Lord." I have a relationship with my Father in Heaven, which is ten time stronger than the one with my physical father. I sometimes wonder if my Father in Heaven has done this on purpose; so that I do turn to Him, my spiritual father. Turn to him not only for the guidance, love, and support that I need, but for that which I deserve.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment