Saturday, August 4, 2012

. . . the God I once didn't believe in.

Having been a member of the LDS church for five years, is beautiful. I have grown in leaps and bounds. Not only does this happen as we get older, but I luckily have had God at my side the entire time, the God I once didn't believe in. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, and that He not only died for me; but for everyone in this earthly state. I have a testimony that the Atonement is real, and that through the Atonement I will one day be able to live with Them again. I have seen the beauty of it's workings not only in my life, but in the lives of others. I have felt the love which the Atonement carries. I know that Jesus Christ has felt every happy, sad, confused, and angry feeling you, or I have ever felt. I have a testimony that Joseph Smith restored the gospel in all of it's purity, and that it is the true church on earth, today. I have a testimony of the late President Gordon B. Hinckley, that he was a prophet called of God, and that through his words he inspired me to search, ponder, and do so prayerfully. Not only has all of this been testified unto me those eight months I prepared to become a member of His church. But, also testified unto me every time I stood up at the podium in my home ward and talked from my heart, and from my soul. I now have a testimony that President Thomas S. Manson is a prophet of God, and that as he leads us with God and Jesus we must be obedient. The beauty of my growth is amazing, and I'm happy to say our Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ are at my side - at all of our sides, always. These five years have not been easy, they have been amazingly hard. The testimony that I now hold will never fail me. All I can ask is for us all to prayerfully, and with sincere heart call upon Them whenever we feel as though we are in need of Their love, and have faith in all things. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment