Friday, June 15, 2012

Burying Babies

I have had one of the most  emotional  draining weeks of my life. I don't know how I have made it out alive.

From losing a child whom I was looking forward to getting to know more . . . and knowing he wasn't my brother yet, but that he is my brother now. I won't cry any longer, I will live my life like none other. I will live my life as an example to those around me. I will live.

I have come to the conclusion that I will be cremated. I will not be buried, and I will not have an open casket funeral.              

I went up to his casket, and prayed to see his chest rise. I prayed for his eyes to open. I prayed for him to wake up, and say, 'just kidding!' But, none of that happened. It was almost traumatic, because he was a kid. A kid had passed away, I almost didn't believe it. But, I do now. And I know he is in a much better place, but I am blessed beyond words to have realized what I want . . . no funeral. Just a celebration. 

Upside Down by Jack Johnson was a song played at his funeral, and it fits Hunter perfectly. <3 RIP little bud, I'll see you in Heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment