Thursday, September 15, 2011

A feeling that was a great refresher!

I'm not here to brag, okay ... maybe just a little. 

Today in my Social Work Practice II course we were talking about behavioral plans for families with children. I stated how a plan is used at my work, confidentially. (Don't worry you co-workers)  And how I could see it being used in family settings. The professor stated how it is too complex and how some parents wouldn't follow through because of the complexity. I said, okay, I can see that but at the same time if they were older children I can see it really working well. 

One of my colleagues then added, well if the mom has: two, three, or even four children and works and goes to school she won't want to deal with it. I was fuming. Okay, most of you know how I can get when I feel like I have a valid statement and someone goes above me to try and prove me wrong. At the end of class my professor pulls me aside and gives me some knuckles and is just laughing. I said, "What? Did I do something wrong? What's so funny." He continued to laugh for a minute before he said, "You're just funny." I said, "Why because I stand up for myself and say what I believe" He said, "Yes, but it's a good thing!" 

Come on! If you want your children to learn and have better behavioral patterns you're going to do the work it takes to encourage great behavior from your children. 

There are 18 more days until he leaves and I feel my heart breaking as the minutes pass. It's good for him and for our future, but it still leaves me a little sad. I need to put some positive quotes up and look on the bright side, but it's so difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment